|Pink Almond Spekulatius Barfi|
200ml sweetened condensed milk (you can make this yourself by boiling down 400ml of milk with 150g sugar for 30 minutes, stirring constantly, or you could just buy the ready made version)
450g finely chopped almonds (you can also use pistachios or a combination of the two)
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground cardamom
[optional] 2tsps natural pink food colouring (for this recipe I used organic beetroot juice)
- Heat condensed milk in a large, deep pot on a medium to high heat, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add the butter, colouring and spices, and keep stirring.
- Add the almonds and stir until the mixture forms a ball in the pan.
If the mixture is still too liquid or sticky, add more almonds.
- Plate the mixture into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate and serve cold with sprinkled almonds or pistachios. The colder the burfi, the better it tastes!