Contributed by Lipakshi Sharma
A 20 something Account Manager of a leading Bank, Lipakshi also famous as Lipi spends her days exploring new places and learning new things and cooking is one such passion
Maida/ all-purpose flour 1 ¼ cup
Besan ¼ cup
Powdered Sugar ½ cup
Soda Bicarbonate- 1 tsp
Desi Ghee- ½ cup
1/4 teaspoon green cardamom seed coarsely powder (ilaichi)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degree.
- In a bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, gram flour, baking soda and set aside.
- Let the ghee come to the room temperature (butter should be soft not melted)
- Add ghee and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for two to three minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mix to butter and sugar mixture and knead them together to make smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 3/4″ in thickness.
- With a sharp knife softly draw a tic-tac-toe design on the top and put few pieces of almonds and pistachios and press them into the dough gently.
- Put Nan khatai on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 13 to 15 minutes or until Nan khatai are lightly gold brown.
- After they are lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Let the Nan Khatais cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.