DN is the founder of Desi Diva's Delicious Delights(D4) her desire to add more to her kitchen recipes brought about D4, where women collaborate and make new recipes and exchange ideas and tips!
Bread Idli is a yummy snack you can easily put together when in a hurry. Its healthy with a lot of vegetables in it and lets not forget how tasty it can be!
Recipe and Ingredients:White Bread
Capsicum/ Peppers- Green, Yellow and Red as per your choice
Corn/ Boiled Peas
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Step 1: Filling for Idli
- 2 tsp Oil in Pan
- Add 1/2 tsp zeera on turning golden
- Add the beans
- Add all the other vegetable ( Some vegetables need boiling, please boil them before hand like peas, carrot etc- Cabbage, and Peppers can be placed without any boiling) Choose the vegetables of your choice
- Add one mashed potato
- Add Salt and Black Pepper
- Boiled Potatoes should be mashed
- Add black pepper and Salt to this
- In 1/2 tsp of oil add Rai and Curry Patta when warm.
- Add this Chowk to the yogurt and mix well.
- When all of the first 3 steps are done we can proceed to the arrangement.
- Cut all the bread slices into round shape with a bowl.
- Soak the bread into the yogurt mixture and squeeze the excess yogurt out
- Holding bread in your palm fill it with the Vegetable mix and then cover it with the mashed potatoes
- Place it in the pan with the potato side in on the pan
- Make a few and cover it for a few minutes till the potato is crisp
- Don't flip the idli.
- Plate the idli and garnish it with Corriander
- Best with Green Chatni